Monday, July 23, 2012

BECAUSE blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted...

When's the last time you mourned over something? A broken heart, a missed opportunity, being passed up for that promotion, 3 years running... I've been mourning for the past 13 months and felt each and every second of it. I have felt the foot of God on me and it's been painful to say the least but sometimes we need to be broken and emptied of ourselves to allow God to come dwell within our souls again. When's the last time you allowed yourself a good cry? If Satan had one bullet to take you out, would you let him? Let God break you first so that he can heal you. Because He is, the ultimate healer, protector, and savior. I've let pride choke out faith and hope. I've let pain rob me of the peace and joy that accompanies our walk with the Lord.

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” 

C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
 
 
woah.....
 
In other news, I lost my Miu Miu wallet(don't tell my parents).....RIP. Now onto putting my life back together again- one piece of plastic at a time. cue the violin.   
 
From us to you with all our love,
two best friends and lady Liberty 

No comments:

Post a Comment