Thursday, July 11, 2013

BECAUSE... once a piggy, always a....

I miss NYC so much it's hard to put it into exact words. When I think of my life in my beloved city I almost have to fight back tears. This weekend, Mike and I are returning to my old stomping grounds for the first time as an engaged couple and I'm fighting back tears once again.

Needless to say, I've been lining up good friends and good food, well ok, mostly just good food. I know the Los Angelinos reading this might stone me to death before my flight takes off but....I feel like I've been starving myself for the past 5 months. Starving my taste buds for sure...and now that I'm returning to the food mecca of the world, I, a true New Yorker at heart, am preparing to feast.

to which she replied "XD i'm surprised you're not going to more places. you'll be here til when?"


and for the last hour i can't help but really look forward to seeing my ex-roommate, Linda. We've had some pretty peculiar eating habits. And all I want to do, when I get there this weekend, is to order take out double cooked pork, wonton in red oil, and sauteed bean sprouts from Grand Sichuan, crack open a nice, cold mike's hard lemonade and watch reruns of friends....

I'm swallowing my own saliva right now. NYC, Mike and I are comingggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

No comments:

Post a Comment